Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Food Post :)

Fridays are days when I am grumpy and sleep super early  My theory behind this is that by the end of the week my body catches up with me, and without school or work the next day my body is permitted to shutdown for some r&r.  I was reluctant to go to happy hour but after winning two games of shuffleboard back to back, a late evening nap, and some convincing by my cousin Kay I slid into my flip flops and was out the door.  First stop was Ivar's Salmon House. They have hh for the big kids from 3pm to close in the lounge and on sunny days on the water.  Great food with great company and a view... however the one hour wait was a little much.  Next stop Joey's on Lake Union.... same problem.  It's Friday evening.... where to go... Palomino! Located in Downtown Seattle parking can be a pain.  They have complementary 2 hour parking after 5pm on weekdays and the restaurant has a spacious lounge for happy hour from 3pm to close.


For food we ordered two pizzas; one pepperoni and one italian sausage and mushroom. The delightful thin crust treats came out hot and not too greasy.  Pep was a little on the salty side but pair it with a beer or cocktail and it is phenomenal.  If you like a little spice to your sausage, which I do, the italian sausage and mushroom was definitely a win.  The draught beer for the both of us was Guinness Stout.

The total for tonight..$22.00 for two beers ($4 each), two pizzas ($6 each) and Seattle tax.  This was my first time here and I would definitely come back to try new menu items.

No comments:

Post a Comment